Fort Morgan Cay, named Georges Island on old English maps, was viciously fought by both English and Spanish crowns. It has two strategic components,
a single entrance to a large deep water bay and fresh water.
It is the western part of the island appeals to history buffs: it is here that generations of pirates, adventurers and buccaneers (including Captain Henry Morgan
who stopped here in 1664) held camp. Visit the stone remains of their fort, fresh water well and gunpowder depot.